Foxwell scanners are the best tools on the market today to make sure your car is in good working order. While older cars are easier to maintain, with check engine lights making it easy to identify the problem in the engine or obvious signs to tell you when windshield wiper fluid was needed, the technology in today’s cars makes them more difficult for even the experienced car mechanic to care for. Luckily, Foxwell produces some exemplary scanners to help anyone and everyone diagnose their car’s issues, even when the car is vague about them! If you don't find what you are looking for with Foxwell, be sure to check out our other OBD2 scanner reviews.
Although most cars today have vehicle monitoring systems (also known as on-board diagnostics), the first and most basic versions of these monitoring systems were often unhelpful when it came to diagnosing what was actually wrong with your car. A “check engine” light may blink on, but there is a wide array of problems that fall under that umbrella! This is where Foxwell scanners come in. A Foxwell scanner, when hooked up to your car with a simple cable, will read, scan, and direct you to any potential problems with your engine. Say goodbye to trial and error vehicle fixes or spending too much money waiting for a mechanic to give you answers—get a Foxwell scanner today and be in control of your own vehicle!
Foxwell scanners are easy to use and operate and are affordable for every car owner. There is a port under the driver’s side of the dashboard—simply plug in your OBD connector and turn the key in the ignition to start the reading. Your machine might need you to enter the vehicle’s VIN to get the most accurate reading and information about your particular car. A scan won’t take very long, and it will provide you with the codes you need to address any potential issues your car has.
What Is the Foxwell NT201?
The NT201 is one of Foxwell’s best-selling scanner options. The Foxwell line of scanners feature scanners for every budget and for every person, from serious car enthusiasts to novice car buyers.
The Foxwell NT201 scanner is easy to use and is very user-friendly. It will work effectively on any car manufactured in the United States between 1996 and the present (also known as OBD2 cars) and any cars manufactured outside of the United States between 2000 and 2008.
The NT201 scanner can read and interpret Check Engine Light codes. When your car displays the Check Engine Light, simply plug in your scanner, scan, and your scanner will tell you exactly what needs fixing in your engine. It can also clear the Check Engine Light.
Although the primary function of the NT201 is to scan your engine for any problems or issues that need attention, it can provide more information than that. It can test your vehicle for emissions, a handy tool when applying for a title, registration, or insurance in some states. It can also pull up important information about your specific vehicle, including the VIN and all erased codes. That means you can see the history of issues your car has had.The Foxwell NT201 is an incredibly handy tool, no matter your native language. It can work in English, German, Spanish, Dutch, Italian, Hungarian, and more. When necessary, you can even easily update your NT201 online using a simple USB cord.
Foxwell brand scanners can be purchased online and at car specialty stores around the world. While prices of Foxwell scanners vary due to extra features and the intended use, the vast majority of these scanners are incredibly affordable for every car owner.
How It Compares
We picked a few similar products available on the market to see how they compare.
- 🎄【Top OBD2 Scanner】 Recommended by Ezvid Wiki and Onsite Associates Program. Car care and repair can be expensive, especially if you don't know what the issue is.While you can take it to a mechanic who should have the right tool to diagnose the problem, having OBD2 scanner like FOXWELL NT201 can save you money and time by locating the issue yourself.
- 🎄【One-Click Smog Check】This car scanner with One-Click I/M Readiness key for quick state emissions readiness check and drive cycle verification,test results of your vehicle health status clearly and vividly in graphical way you’ll see if the car is ready to pass the emission test, without the hassle of driving around endlessly, or continuously coming back to the repair shop for retest.
- 🎄【Car Health Doctor】 The OBD reader contains all 10 modes of obd2 tests, quickly read and erase code,On-board monitor test (Mode 6), EVAP system,test,O2 sensor, turn off CEL(check engine light), reset monitor, retrieve VIN of your vehicle,live data in both graph and text forms, freeze frame data,built-in DTC look up library can be automatically displayed after reading.
- 🎄【Wide Coverage & Multiple Language】NT201 vehicle check engine code reader works on most gasoline domestic and import vehicle 1996 US-Based, 2000 EU-Based and Asian cars,included light-duty trucks (12v only), SUVs and mini-vans with standard OBDII/EOBD/JOBD&CAN protocol. Supports all OBDII protocols: KWP2000, ISO9141, J1850 VPW, J1850 PWM and CAN. 5 kinds of language avaliable :English, German, French, Spanish, Italian.
- 🎄【A Necessity in Your Vehicle Toolbox】Designed with 2.4' TFT colorful LCD display screen, No battery required, the scan tool is charged directly from the OBDII interface in your vehicle (please turn your vehicle ignition on), making it convenient for Home and Autoshop Mechanics.Lifetime free update via a computer(Windows 7/8/10 ONLY).No need to read the manual to know what to do, even for a beginner.
Ease Of Use:
The Foxwell NT201 scanner is incredibly easy to use. After plugging it in and using the scan function on your car, the NT201 provides easy to read codes as well as complete definitions for codes. Although it may not have all the functions of an advanced scanner, the NT201 is ideal for someone with limited scanner or vehicle maintenance experience.
Although the scanner itself is easy to use, the manual that comes along with the Foxwell NT201 scanner is not the most user-friendly. Unless the user has experience with scanners (especially other Foxwell brand scanners), it may be difficult to figure out how to use it on the first try.
The Foxwell NT201 scanner is the perfect tool for the standard car user. While it provides basic Check Engine Light reading, vehicle information, and emissions readings, it will not give you more advanced scans or readings. It will not be able to diagnose advanced car concerns, like ABS, SRS, or transmission. If you are looking for a professional Foxwell scanner, consider another model.
The design of the Foxwell NT201 scanner is ideal for beginners and the standard car user. Its features are easy to read and understand and the scanner is easy for anyone to use. This scanner features an LCD screen and audio options in addition to a one-click readiness check for quick and easy vehicle engine verification.
The Foxwell NT201 scanner offers a three year 100% money back guarantee. It is also possible to purchase extended warranties with this product.
- 😀【Vehicle CEL Doctor】The obd2 scanner can quickly help you read DTCs (engine fault codes), locate bad O2 sensor, access to emissions readiness status, turn off check engine light(CEL) or MIL(Malfunction Indicator Lamp) , reset monitor, read enhanced data and retrieve VIN of your vehicle.
- 😀【Accuracy】Live data in both graph and text forms. Accurately read vehicle error codes for most Worldwide cars, SUVs, light truck and 12V diesels equipped with Obd2. Besides, the car scanner also shows live vehicle sensors data in text and graph format and allows you to focus on any suspicious or symptom-specific data parameters.
- 😀【Worthy to Own】Recommended by Mechanic Scotty Kilmer on Youtube. Supports data logging and Printer compatible. Unique PATENTED design, clearly arranged keypad, 2.8" wide color screen with Life-Time Free software update and 1 year quality assurance, it deserves to own. Supported by EXCLUSIVE engineer and service team for product and service quality. (Please note currently the package does not include a CD. )
- 😀【Smog Check Helper】Read/Erase and I/M readiness hot keys make it easy to use this car computer reader right out of the package. Red-Yellow-Green Leds and build-in speaker indicate the readiness status for smog test. The obdii scan tool also help catch intermittent problems and confirm repairs during a drive cycle, so that help you quickly determine the health of the car.
- 😀【Home Necessity】NT301 car scanner is open to global customers. No battery required, it is charged directly from the OBDII interface in your vehicle (please turn your vehicle ignition on), making it convenient for Home and Autoshop Mechanics. It is recommended as a necessity in your toolbox and one of the best gifts for father. (Quick Start Guide is included in the package.)
The Foxwell NT301 scanner is a full service scanner. It can provide the standard services offered by the Foxwell NT201, but it offers much more than just scanning and code reading. The scanner on the Foxwell NT301 also gets information by scanning the Engine Control Unit, which will provide users with additional helpful information about the state and status of their car and engine.
The Foxwell NT301 is also usable on OBD2 vehicles (manufactured in the United States between 1996 and the present and manufactured out of the United States between 2001 and 2008). It will check and clear Check Engine Light codes just like the Foxwell NT201 scanner, but will also reset and check other monitors within the car.
Although the Foxwell NT301 contains many more features—including an easy to use dictionary of codes—than the NT201, it is still the perfect scanner for a non-professional car enthusiast. It is easy to use, affordable, and will provide you with valuable information about your vehicle.
Ease Of Use:
The Foxwell NT301 scanner is incredibly easy to use. Just like the Foxwell NT201 scanner, it merely needs to be plugged into the car to work, and it has a clear and easy to read screen. This Foxwell scanner also features a full dictionary of vehicle codes, so even if your car isn’t having an issue, you can research possible problems in order to prevent them.
While the Foxwell NT301 scanner features more advanced functions than the Foxwell NT201, it does not cover ABS systems, check airbags, or oil change issues. While this scanner would be an excellent model for a home car enthusiast, it will probably not fit professional needs.
The Foxwell NT301 scanner is well designed and easy to use. It has LED lighting and easy to read and see hotkey buttons, and even someone unfamiliar with the Foxwell scanner family will be able to quickly learn how to use this product.
While Foxwell offers lifetime free updates on this product, it only features a one year money back warranty.
- 👀【PROFESSIONAL DIAGNOSTIC TOOL FOR MERCEDES-BENZ】This Benz automotive code scanner is capable of reading and clearing diagnostic trouble codes from all major systems, including ABS, airbag, engine,transmission, chassis, body, audio, air- conditional and so on. It automatically detects your car model and scans all modules for error codes, while allowing controlling service interval resets and manually triggering individual lights, windows, brake calipers opening.
- 👍【ADVANCED FEAUTRES】ABS/SRS/EPB/ESP/SAS/TPMS reset, oil light service reset, control service interval reset, brake deactivation, ABS module activation, battery registration(original capacity and battery type only), throttle body adjustment, DPF regeneration or replacement, CBS condition-based service reset are just a few of the special functions this ehanced quality scanner can provide.
- 👏【BI-DIRECTIONAL TEST】NT510 vehicle check engine/abs/air bag light code reader can temporarily start or control your vehicles’ systems for active testing, providing you with accurate data results about troubleshoot and diagnostic problems. Certain special tests will also imply displayed commands for the operator, which will help with reaching specialized conclusions and results.
- 💯【ONE SCANNER - TWO USES】As a professional automobile code reader for Mercedes-Benz/Sprinter/Smart full systems, FOXWELL NT510 can be also used as a universal OBD I/ODB2/EOBD/JOBD code reader for checking engine light, reading and erasing codes on other brands cars. Playback and data print are also available. Only one NT510 car computer diagnostic scan tool is enough for vehicle diagnosis.
- 💓【DESERVE TO OWN】Lifetime free update, you will always have the new vehicles, newly added parameters and functionality at your fingertips. Clearly arranged keypad, menu-driven operation, shortcuts and impressive color display together make the scanner extremely easy to use.Whether you own your personal mechanic shop or you are a private owner, you’ll fall in love instantly with the classic diagnostic scanner.
This advanced Foxwell product will check your engine for standard and advanced problems. The scanner, like the previous two scanners, works on OBD2 engines, and will also check and clear Check Engine Light issues. The list of benefits of the NT510 is much longer than that, though!
The Foxwell NT510 is an advanced scanner. In addition to Check Engine Light issues, it can be used to program, deactivate, adapt components, and reset control modules. You can use it to check the quality and level of your oil and filter, calibrate the SAS, and regenerate DPF. The Foxwell NT510 also has access to various systems within your vehicle, like the airbags, powertrain, chassis, and body. This gives you a large array of information that will help you keep your vehicle in good working order.
Ease Of Use:
While the product itself features a large screen, LCD lighting, and easy plug in, the manual is not user-friendly. If you have experience with scanners (especially Foxwell scanners), you will have no issues, but this might be a more difficult tool to use for a first-time scanner novice. Once you get the hang of it, though, the Foxwell NT510 scanner is incredibly user-friendly.
The NT510 scanner contains every advanced function you could want and more. It can give you information on nearly any part of your car or engine, help you reprogram or clear warnings and lights on your car dashboard, and provides enough detailed information about the vehicle that it can be beneficially used even in a professional setting.
The NT510 features a 2.8 inch color LCD screen, making readings and codes visible in any light. The scanner can also display data in a graph and text, so whatever your preference you will be able to understand the beneficial information. And even though the screen is big enough and bright enough to read, the scanner can still fit easily in your pocket!
Contact the manufacturer directly for warranty information.
- 【COMPREHENSIVE SERVICE DIAGNOSTIC TOOL】Please contact us to check the compatibility if you are confused. NT650 diagnostic scanner supports the most commonly used services and maintenance, including but not limited to oil reset, ABS SRS light reset,EPB reset, DPF regeneration, SAS calibration,BRT,TPMS reset,EPS. It offers quick and easy solutions to everyday task in the workshop.
- 【UNPRECEDENTED PROFESSIONAL SCANNER】Special diagnostic scan tool with SRS/ABS function which support steering sensor inspection and ABS bleeding. NOTES that special function NOT for all car models, contact us to get the clear compatible information if you are confused. The more professional we are, the more cautious we will be.
- 【GLOBAL OBDII/EOBD SCAN】NT650 obd2 diagnostic code reader provides comprehensive OBDII diagnostics for global OBDII/EOBD vehicles, reads and clear codes, turns off MILs, requests and records live sensor data,ect.except live data reading. In addition, it supports all 10 OBDII test modes, includs the mode 6 test. Powerful graphing capability gives you the "real picture" of what's going on in the vehicle, which allows you focus on any suspicious or symptom-specific data parameters.
- 【EXCELLENT VALUE FOR MONEY】Clearly arranged keypad, menu-driven operation, shortcuts and easy-to-read 4.3'' color display make the scanner extremely easy to use. In addition, FOXWELL NT650 constructed to resist impact and damage in the tough workshop environment. A hollow blow molding tool box, rubberized sleeve, the secure fit extra corner padding and screen protector ensure your diagnostic tool will be around for a long time.
- 【THE BEST CHOICE YOU CAN TRUST】Recommended by mechanic Scotty Kilmer on Youtube. Knowing what is exactly wrong with your car will surely cut many unnecessary costs, It is a great choice if you are looking for a obdii scanner well-built and easy-use. NT650 multi-application diagnostic tool is original from FOXWELL, we provide LIFELONG FREE upgrade and 18 months for any quality problem. 100% money back warranty exempt your worries, it's well worth a try.
This Foxwell product is the most advanced scanner on our list. It features an array of advanced scanning technologies and is able to provide the user with information about everything from Check Engine Light issues and ABS and SRS systems to battery management services and throttle body alignment issues. And that’s just the beginning of what the NT650 scanner can do! It is the ideal Foxwell scanner for professionals, but it is easy enough to use and read for a dedicated car enthusiast.
Ease Of Use:
For a professional or a car enthusiast comfortable with scanners, the NT650 scanner is easy to use. However, it does not contain a dictionary of codes for quick reference like the Foxwell NT301 scanner, and the amount of information it produces in a scan may be overwhelming to the first time user.
Like a couple of other Foxwell products, the NT650 scanner comes with a user manual that is not necessarily helpful for unfamiliar scanner users.
The Foxwell NT650 scanner can scan your vehicle for nearly any problem. It can be used by professionals to diagnose issues.
The large 4.3 inch display, keyboard, and quick-access keys make this scanner easy to use in every vehicle. It also features a rubberized sleeve to prevent scanner damage.
While this scanner only includes a one year warranty, it includes a lifetime of free online updates.
The Foxwell NT201 is an excellent vehicle scanner, especially for first time or novice users. Although it is easy to use for everyone, it can successfully scan and clear codes quickly, making it an effective tool for any car enthusiast. If you’re looking to get more involved in your vehicle maintenance, the Foxwell NT201 scanner is the perfect product for you!
Last update on 2021-01-19 at 05:38 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API